DA investigates death of NH father who died after incident during Patriots-Dolphins game in Gillette – Boston 25 News | Albiseyler

FOXBORO, Mass. – Authorities are investigating the death of a New Hampshire father who died after an incident in the stands during Sunday night’s New England Patriots-Miami Dolphins game at Gillette Stadium.

A man suffered an “apparent medical incident” in the 308/309 section of the stadium during the fourth quarter of the game around 11 p.m., according to Massachusetts State Police. He was taken to Sturdy Memorial Hospital in Attleboro, where he was pronounced dead just before midnight.

The Norfolk District Attorney’s Office later identified the man as 53-year-old Dale Mooney of Newmarket, New Hampshire.

Mooney’s wife, Lisa, told Boston 25 that her husband was a lifelong Patriots fan, having been a season ticket holder for 30 years. She also described him as a “good dad” to their two grown sons.

Lisa Mooney says her husband traveled to Foxborough from their home to attend the Patriots-Dolphins game with friends. She says she was told her husband was taunted by several Dolphins fans during the game, leading to an alleged physical altercation in the 300s section of the stadium.

Video sent to Boston 25 News shows security moving in to break up the apparent fight before Mooney is knocked unconscious.

“It looked like people who were grabbing and pulling each other, first at some point the guy in the dolphin jersey punched the victim twice in the face and that’s when the victim was knocked unconscious,” said witness Joey Kilmartin .

Kilmartin saw the commotion taking place four rows behind him and shared it with investigators as soon as it happened.

“The guy in the dolphin jersey was pulled away by the police and that’s when everybody noticed something was wrong, about a minute later the guy still didn’t make any movement, it didn’t really look like he was breathing,” Kilmartin said.

Mooney’s wife says she believes the footage captured here at Gillette will prove he didn’t throw a single punch.

Sources told Boston 25 News that investigators are now awaiting the medical examiner’s findings to help determine if that confrontation played a role in Mooney’s death.

The DA’s office said no charges are pending at this time.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.

Download it The FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *